We recently took a trip to the Old Fort to scout for the upcoming investigation. After spending quite a bit of time there, we noticed that there were four main areas of concern:
- The steps are very steep and could pose a serious hazard in the dark. In addition, the park is large and will need to be worked in teams so that nobody gets hurt or lost.
- The main road at the entrance to the park is quite busy and could easily cast shadows in through the trees.
- There is a large pump house and electrical box located on the property. These could give false readings.
- The railway runs directly behind the park, giving list to a host of electrical, sight and sound issues that must be kept in mind.
- Now that we are aware of these issues, the investigation can be planned around them.